The Liebster Award is an e-ward that’s been floating around blogland for a while now. It’s a sign of appreciation that one blogger bestows upon another blogger with less than 200 followers. Quite some time ago now my friend Janine over at Salvage Love bestowed it upon me, and just recently Jennifer from Grimmricksen nominated me, as well as Becky from United States of Becky.
Since I can’t say no to a questionnaire, I’m going to participate in it.
- Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
- They must also answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for them.
- They must then choose 11 bloggers to tag & award with the Liebster award (nominees must have less than 200 followers). These lucky bloggers must be told in a comment on their blog.
- They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
11 THINGS ABOUT ME
1. I went to an art school in Columbus, Ohio when I first graduated High School.
2. I’ve lived in Philadelphia and Portland Oregon. Now I reside outside Boston.
3. I’ve tattooed 2 people with the same image I have tattooed on the side of my left knee. Which makes my 3rd bro-tattoo with some of the same folks.
4. I think I have somewhere around 30 tattoos. If you count the letters across my toes.
5. My life goal has been to get knuckle tattoos when I turn 30. I reach for the stars, ppl.
6. I love anything super macabre. I have animal bones, various teeth molds, and religious iconography strewn about my house. As decoration of course, not just chilling on the floor.
7. I don’t wear any color other than black, except when it comes to my accessories like stockings and scarves. It all started when I was a sweaty beast of a teenager and hasn’t much improved over the years. Black very rarely shows pit stains, ftw.
8. I can either be found watching Disney movies or horror movies.
9. I’ve been a nude model on and off since I was 18. I’m more comfortable naked than clothed most days.
10. I’m a pretty secretive and private person.
11. I am the worst person to make plans with. I always decide last minute to do something so it’s pretty often that I make plans weeks in advance, then day of don’t feel like doing it. I’m working on this..
QUESTIONS (from Jennifer)
1. Favorite sweets recipe?
I’m not that big of a sweets fan, even if the only pancakes I’ll eat are the chocolate chip variety. I’ll also eat a no bake cookie like nobodies business.
2. What colors do you use to decorate for the winter/Xmas/Chanukah season?
My living room is already painted green and I have large red curtains separating it from the dining room, so technically I’m ready for xmas all year.
3. What is the meaning/story behind the title of your blog?
My middle name is Marie. Ever since I was little my mom has called me “miss marie” or “stephanie marie” when I was in trouble.
4. Do you have any nicknames? If so, what are they and how did you get them?
Aside from Miss Marie, a couple of my girl friends and I call each other Beaner. Ta ta ree is another.. The only nickname I won’t respond to is “Steph”.
5. Favorite quote?
Oh gosh.. I’m a sucker for any kind of quotable magnet.
6. Night owl or early bird?
Somewhere in between. I used to be a night owl, now I can barely stay up past 10pm without a nap. And getting up before 8am takes some pushing.
7. Are you crafty? If so, what kind of artsy endeavors do you partake in?
Oh gosh.. I used to craft a lot more than I do now. I have two etsy shops I’m working on getting up and running. I make jewelry, dream catchers, I knit hats and infinity scarves. I’m also a painter and photographer but it takes a lot of pushing to get me to do either of those these days.
8. How did you meet your best friend?
I’m blessed to have a couple of best friends. My bestest bestie I met in 6th grade math class. I told her I liked her sneakers and we’ve been friends since. My next bffl I met at photography school. First day of shooting outdoors we got to talking and realized we had the same birthday and are the same age, instant friends.
9. What’s your favorite book… you know… the one you read over and over again? That one.
Lets see.. I’ve read “On The Road” about a dozen times. I’m also a big fan of “Jaws”.
10. Beer, wine, or liquor?
All depends on my mood. I’ve partaken in my fair share of consuming all of the above. Usually I stick to white wine, with the occasional gin and tonic.
11. If they made a movie about your life, who would play the main characters?
Me? Mia Kirshner or Winona Ryder. Some crazy chick for sure. Kh? Someone exceptionally handsome.
This was hard considering most of the blogs I read have already been nominated, and have a million followers. So here’s a list of blogs you should check out because they’re pretty great.
I’d love for anyone that reads this to answer the questions. I love a questionnaire, and I’m sure others do too!
1. When you were a wee one, what were your dreams? Ambitions? Did you want to be a vet on the moon?
2. How did you learn there was no tooth fairy? (If your parents/guardians had you believing in the first place)
3. What’s your favorite dish to bring to gatherings?
4. What’s the most memorable gift you’ve ever received?
5. What’s your favorite movie?
6. What about animals. Got a favorite animal?
7. Do you have any regrets in your life that go beyond regretting what you ate for dinner last night or the junk food you’ve indulged in?
8. Got any pets? Tell me about them.
9. Lover or a fighter?
10. What’s your before bed routine?
11. How tall are you?