If you want an easy craft that uses minimal supplies and gives you tons of options, look no further. This whole project took me less than 20 minutes to make, and the supplies were under $8. I loved the end result and really can’t make up my mind if I want to put them on my table as a center piece or use them on my porch when sitting outside.
What you’ll need..
- 2 mason jars
- tea light candles
- marbles/large beads/your choice of what to put in the jar
- adhesive (I used e6000)
Notes: the candles you choose should be wide enough to fit inside of the tea light candles once you remove the candle from the metal tin.
Now what you do..
1. Remove the tea light candles from the metal tin it’s placed in. Take off the lid to your mason jars, and put dabs of the adhesive on the bottom of the metal tins. You may not be able to reach the bottom of the mason jar with your hand, so I took a pair of scissors and pinched the side of the tin to hold onto it, and put it into place at the bottom of the mason jar. Using a pen, push the tin down to make sure it lays flat for the adhesive to stick.
2. Let the adhesive dry. Pour the marbles, or whatever it is you decided to use into the mason jar.
3. Turn the jar sideways, placing your hand at the opening to make sure none of the marbles fall out. With the marbles on the side of the jar, take your candle and put it into the metal tin that’s not glued down to the bottom.
4. Now hold onto the candle and turn the mason jar back to it’s upright position.
5. Take the yarn or ribbon (or even a piece of clothe!) and wrap it around the top of the mason jar. Tie a little bow and you’re done.
Now tell me that wasn’t easy.