To keep up with the tradition of some of my favorite recipes (hello roasted potatoes) I decided to try roasted asparagus this week. I pretty much like asparagus in any form, and cooked in any manner so I don’t know why it took me so long to try this.
Last week, Kh had been away for work all week leaving me to my own devices in the kitchen. I had been planning on living off boxed mac and cheese but after the second day of that I decided I may need something a little healthier and substantial.
What you’ll need..
- Asparagus (the thicker stalks work better for roasting)
- Olive oil
Now you need to..
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Rinse and clean off the asparagus, you don’t know where that’s been! Unless you grew it, then you probably do know where it’s been..
2. Cut off the tough ends, you know the parts I mean. Lay them on a roasting pan, or a baking sheet with foil on it. Drizzle your olive oil over them and shake the pan, or roll the asparagus around with a utensil to make sure they all get covered in olive oil.
3. Sprinkle salt and the garlic evenly over the asparagus. Use as much or as little as you’d like.
4. Place the pan in the oven and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes. My oven isn’t the best and took about 14 minutes to roast them the way I wanted them.
5. Let cool and enjoy! I squeezed lemon over them at this point and they were delicious.
Note: Some recipes call for balsamic vinaigrette to be drizzled over them once you take them out of the oven, I didn’t have any on hand so I skipped that part. You could even sprinkle some fresh parmesan cheese on them, for that extra delicious touch.
This will have to go on my list of favorite recipes. I grilled asparagus on our grill last night and I can not get enough.