I’ve been in a baking spirit around the house lately, while trying to avoid overdoing it with too many cupcakes and tons of sugary treats. This was my first attempt at making banana bread and I must say I’m proud of myself.
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Peel and mash bananas all together.
2. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
4. Add the flour last, mix well. Pour mixture into a buttered 4×8 inch loaf pan.
5. Bake for 1 hour.
6. Let cool and serve!
Prep time: 5 minutes (unless you need to go to the store to buy eggs half way through like me!)
Cook time: 1 hour
Delicious and incredibly moist! I actually wasn’t able to get a picture of it, we ate it so fast. Kh thinks it went perfect with coffee, I’ll leave that up to you to decide. I’m too busy stuffing my face!